I blogged earlier about an issue when setting up a connection to Office 365 in the Exchange Management Console in Exchange 2010 (in this case, Service Pack 3, Rollup Update 12).
It seems that this issue was resolved. Despite the fact that I didn’t get any further feedback on the ticket I raised at MS Support or within the support forums thread mentioned in my earlier post, I decided to simply give it another try today; And It Just Worked™.
I didn’t change any thing on the existing configuration, just simply tried adding the connection to EMC again. At another client that encountered the same issue (but for which we didn’t raise a ticket yet), the issue seems to be resolved too, which leads to think there was a configuration change on the Office 365 side. However, we will need to wait for official feedback from Microsoft about this issue to have this confirmed.